You will be thrilled by the amazing amount of space in the all-aluminum Murphy Rebel. With adaptability to all seasons and conditions, the murphy rebel is a true bush craft that will get you there safely and in comfort. Pilots rave about the controllability and responsiveness of the Murphy Rebel and when you take flight for the first time in your Murphy Rebel, you will be amazed at how quickly the tail comes up. The Murphy Rebel can be assembled easily without any special skills or any materials beyond what is in the kit. We provide everything to make the Murphy Rebel your own.
- All Aluminum
- Side by side
- Engine options
- Ample cabin room
- Exceptional visibility
- All seasons and situations
- Oversize tires
- Straight & amphibious float
100% aluminum airframe save the fabric flaperon.
- Exceptional strength qualities,
- Resistance to ultraviolet light
- Fast build times and ease of use
- Beautiful finish.
- Better resale value.
- Required welding is done at the factory.
- Powder coated steel parts to assure longevity.
- Pilot hole in aluminum sheets ensure correct
alignment and expedite riveting.
- Fuselage uses semi-monoque construction
- Stamped aluminum bulkheads
- Exceptionally strong 0.020” 6061-T6 aluminum skins.
- Aluminum sub-floor over lower bulkhead sections< provides good base for seat mounting and a crushable floor for energy absorption / crash protection.
- Pre-bent aluminum tubing door frames with aluminum skins and large lexan windows.
- Side windows fold out & down. Great for photography.
Where high strength is required, fittings are cut from 2024-T3 aluminum. For the engine mount, rubber pedals and control column, 4130 chrome-moly steal is used. All hardware used in the fuselage and wings is AN spec aviation hardware
- Simple box designed from pre-bent channels
- Aluminum skins
- Horizontal members fold upward for storage and
- braced in flight position by small aluminum
- Elevator and rudder controlled with 1/8” stainless
steel aircraft cable.
- “Wet” Wings for storage. two 22 gallon (US) tanks.
- 3 spars, 14 nose ribs and 13 main ribs in each wing covered in three sheets of pre-punched aluminum.
- D-Cell structure provides exceptionally strong wings
- 12 full length extruded stringers stiffen skin against torsion and shear loads.
- Joined to fuselage by extra heavy 2024-T# aluminum fittings.
- Single streamlined, custom extruded strut for high-strength and low drag.
- Wing tips are gelcoated fiberglass.
- Push-pull tubes connected to a massive 2-inch torque tube operates the full span flaperons.
- swift and accurate response to control input.
- Flaperons lowered with mixer box controlled by a Teleflex cable and flap lever placed within easy
- Flaperons lowered in 6-degree increments to a maximum of 18 degrees. Can be put into a 6-degree
reflex position to increase cruising speed, giving the Rebel a very large flight envelope.
- Lazer cut pilot holes reduce errors and need to make difficult
- Builders manual provides superior-quality exploded assembly
drawings and parts lists.
- Tool list included at the beginning of each sub-assembly
- Novice friendly easy-to-follow step-by-step procedures.
- Assembly times are significantly reduced in comparison to what
you might expect
|Gross Weight (lb.)||1,650|
|Empty Weighht (lb.)||950|
|Useful Load (lb.)||700|
|Wing Area (sq. ft)||150|
|Take Off Run (ft)||300|
|Landing Roll (ft)||400|
|Stall, no power||44|
|Rate of Climb||1,200|
|THE COMPLETE KIT – FIREWALL BACK||$31,500|
|The kit contains all the components you will need to build your Light Sport REBEL from the firewall back and from the ground up. Standard features include dual wing tanks (28gal for Sport and 44gal for Standard), dual controls, formed windshield and electric trim. The kit does not include the engine, instruments, wiring, upholstery or chemicals.|
|SUB-KIT #1 – CONTROL SURFACES & TAIL SECTION||$8,400|
|An excellent starter sub-kit consisting of the necessary components to complete the vertical and horizontal stabilizers, elevator, rudder and flaperons. All skins, spars and ribs are pre-formed with many factory punched pilot holes. All necessary hardware required to complete this section.|
|SUB-KIT #2 – WINGS||$12,780|
|This sub-kit contains all materials and parts required to complete the wings, including pre-punched skins, pre-formed aluminum main spars, nose ribs, root ribs, rear spars and doublers, full length stringers, torque tubes, fuel tanks and all necessary hardware.|
|SUB-KIT#3 – FUSELAGE||$10,320|
|This sub-kit contains all materials and parts required to complete the fuselage. Included are pre-formed bulkhead sections, pre-punched skins, landing gear, disc brakes, wheels, tailwheel assembly, internal controls, stainless steel control cable, control horns, wing struts. Includes necessary hardware.|
|This is one of the options of Buy to Fly in One Year, where Murphy Aircraft Mfg is commited to see you fly your aircraft within one year from receiving the kit. By choosing the quick build option you will cut the build time in half. Regardless, if you choose to spend more time on building parts or finishing your dream aircraft, the Murphy Quick Build option will ensure your Maverick will be professional looking and built within a year.|
|CRATING CHARGES (estimate)|
|COMPONENT SUB-KIT #2||$750|
|COMPONENT SUB-KIT #3||$750|
|COWL FOR ROTAX 912||$1,250|
|DYNAFOCAL ENIGINE MOUNT FOR LYCOMING ENGINES||$1,600|
|ENGINE MOUNT FOR ROTAX 912||$1,400|
|EXTENDED FUEL TANKS (INCREASES CAPACITY FROM 44 TO 58 GAL)||$600|
|FLOAT ATTACH POINTS for Bungee Gear||$450|
|LEADING EDGE LANDING LIGHT ( REQUIRES BULB AND BEZEL)||$350|
|SKYLIGHT DOUBLERS (pair)||$250|
|SPEED COWL FOR LYCOMING 235/320/360||$1,250|
|SPLIT FLAP & AILERON CONVERSION||$1,995|
|SPRING GEAR (EXCHANGE)||$1,975|
|SPRING GEAR FLOAT ATTACH POINTS||$550|